Over the course of one camp session, campers who enroll in the program will participate in six classes (1.5 hours each) at the High Horses riding center. The classes will be led by High Horses’ instructors, and several Akeela staff members will join each group at the facility. Not only will campers experience the joy of horseback riding over the course of the program, but will also improve balance and coordination, confidence, and expressive communication.
The fee for the program is $600. Space is limited and enrollment will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Overnight Camping Trips
This summer, every Akeela camper will have an opportunity to enjoy an overnight camping experience with their bunkmates and counselors. They’ll make amazing memories (and delicious s’mores!) at our new ICON (In-Camp Overnight) Site, which provides all the benefits of a camping trip without having to leave camp property! There is no additional charge for these overnights.
Family Handbook Table of Contents
- About Akeela & About CampGroup
- Camper Travel and Visiting Day
- Packing List & Baggage Shipping Information
- Purchasing Camp Clothing, Prohibited Items & Laundry
- Communication: Mail, Phone Calls & Parent Communication
- Health Care: Medications, Health Communication, Medical Charges, Other Health Concerns
- Food, Health and Wellness
- Electronics Policy
- Homesickness Prevention
- Success at Akeela
- Camper Code of Conduct
- Additional Activities and Trips
- “Open House” Orientation Day
- Driving Directions
One of the reasons we have made this Handbook available on our website, rather than sending it by snail mail, is that we anticipate making changes to it as we approach the 2022 camp season. In particular, it currently contains some information that is specific to the summer of 2021, when COVID-19 greatly affected our policies, procedures and programs. Needless to say, much remains to be seen about the pandemic’s status come June 2022.