At Camp Akeela, our mission is simple: to provide our campers with the most incredible, life-changing summer experience on the planet. In particular, we believe in…
- FRIENDSHIP. Camp Akeela facilitates social growth and helps campers develop meaningful, life-long friendships.
- COMMUNITY. The Camp Akeela community accepts, values and celebrates each camper and staff member.
- GROWTH. Camp Akeela fosters the personal growth of each camper by supplying safe and supported opportunities for choice and challenge.
- PRIDE. Akeela campers develop and experience competence and are encouraged to take pride in their accomplishments.
- FUN. Above all, Camp Akeela provides campers with lasting memories of summers filled with spirit and FUN!
Family Handbook Table of Contents
- About Akeela & About CampGroup
- Camper Travel and Visiting Day
- Packing List & Baggage Shipping Information
- Purchasing Camp Clothing, Prohibited Items & Laundry
- Communication: Mail, Phone Calls & Parent Communication
- Health Care: Medications, Health Communication, Medical Charges, Other Health Concerns
- Food, Health and Wellness
- Electronics Policy
- Homesickness Prevention
- Success at Akeela
- Camper Code of Conduct
- Additional Activities and Trips
- “Open House” Orientation Day
- Driving Directions
One of the reasons we have made this Handbook available on our website, rather than sending it by snail mail, is that we anticipate making changes to it as we approach the 2022 camp season. In particular, it currently contains some information that is specific to the summer of 2021, when COVID-19 greatly affected our policies, procedures and programs. Needless to say, much remains to be seen about the pandemic’s status come June 2022.