Thank you for choosing to send your child to Camp Akeela this summer. We know that in doing so, you are trusting us with the physical and emotional safety of your most prized possession. Camp is a wonderful gift that you are giving to your camper and we truly believe that Akeela is a great place for growth, friendship and fun!
It is common for our campers to feel both excited and nervous about coming to Akeela for the first time! We want you to know that we’re here to help and to support your family. In particular, we find that our campers (and their caregivers) feel most comfortable when they have more information and know as much as possible about what to expect.
Keep an eye out for newsletters with important information and for ongoing updates to our online Family Handbook. In the spring, we’ll send instructions for how to access our mandatory camp forms. Lastly, a few days before your camp session, you will receive an invitation to a “virtual bunk meeting” which is a wonderful opportunity for our campers to connect with each other and meet their counselors before they even arrive!
We’re excited to introduce you to Campanion, the mobile app we’re using to share your child’s camp experience with you this summer. Using Campanion will allow you to receive a personalized stream of content featuring photos and news. It’s also the easiest way to complete your camp forms.
To get started with Campanion:
- Download the Campanion app. (If that link doesn’t work for you, find the Android version here or find the Apple iOs version here.)
- Login to the app using your Camper Account login and password
- Navigate to Forms and submit those that are incomplete
- Upload a reference photo of your child
Please take some time to look through these online materials and don’t hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns at any time. You can also follow us on Instagram.
– Debbie & Eric
Highlighted Information For First-Time Akeela Families
- Meet The Directors
- What Are Head Counselors?
- Packing List
- A Note About Medication
- Akeela’s Daily Schedule
- Family Communication at Akeela
- A Word About Homesickness
- Package Policy
- Electronics Policy
Full Version of Our Family Handbook
- Family Handbook – Includes important details about forms, travel to/from camp, health care, what to pack & how to get it to camp, camp policies, homesickness prevention, and more.