At Camp Akeela, our mission is simple. To provide our campers with the most incredible, life-changing summer experience on the planet. In particular, we believe in…
- FRIENDSHIP. Camp Akeela facilitates social growth and helps campers develop meaningful, life-long friendships.
- COMMUNITY. The Camp Akeela community accepts, values and celebrates each camper and staff member.
- GROWTH. Camp Akeela fosters the personal growth of each camper by supplying safe and supported opportunities for choice and challenge.
- PRIDE. Akeela campers develop and experience competence and are encouraged to take pride in their accomplishments.
- FUN. Above all, Camp Akeela provides campers with lasting memories of summers filled with spirit and FUN!
Camp Akeela is proud to boast more than 3 adults for every 4 campers and an in-bunk ratio of 1:2 (4 counselors with 6 to 9 campers).
More essential than the number of staff is the quality of personnel that we employ. At Akeela, every camper benefits from the care, spirit and skills of each staff member. We undertake extraordinary lengths to find the best of the best, to ensure that campers have the safest, most fun and most transformative experience possible. Each of our staff members has chosen to join Akeela because they are excited about living, playing, laughing and learning in our camp community. They approach each summer with the energy, dedication and sense of humor that make it evident how much they enjoy and truly “get” Akeela campers!