Any item that makes phone calls, accesses the internet, or has screen content of any kind (games, videos, etc.) is not permitted at camp. Examples of permitted and not permitted electronics:
✓ Music / audio book player without games or video content (e.g. Sony NWE394 Walkman MP3 Player or SanDisk Clip Sport Plus MP3 Player, both available on Amazon)
✓ Tablet/E-Reader (Kindle, Nook, etc.) – without video or game content
✓ Disposable Camera Digital Camera
✗ Any electronic device that contains games or video content
✗ DVD Player
✗ Laptop Computer
✗ Handheld video gaming systems
✗ Video Camera
✗ Apple Watch, or any other “smart” watch
✗ iPhone or iPad
✗ iPods with game and/or video capabilities
- We recognize that many digital cameras have the ability to record videos. We will ask campers and staff to refrain from taking videos inside of the cabins.
- Camp is not responsible for replacing electronic devices brought to camp, which may be damaged or lost.
- If any of the items not permitted are brought to camp, we will collect them and return them at the end of camp.
- For families using Spotify or Amazon Music, we recommend MightyVibe. With Mighty, campers can download their playlists at home and listen to them (for 30 days) without the need for an internet connection.
Family Handbook Table of Contents
- About Akeela & About CampGroup
- Camper Travel and Visiting Day
- Packing List & Baggage Shipping Information
- Purchasing Camp Clothing, Prohibited Items & Laundry
- Communication: Mail, Phone Calls & Parent Communication
- Health Care: Medications, Health Communication, Medical Charges, Other Health Concerns
- Food, Health and Wellness
- Electronics Policy
- Homesickness Prevention
- Success at Akeela
- Camper Code of Conduct
- Additional Activities and Trips
- “Open House” Orientation Day
- Driving Directions