Sunday, June 12, 2022
10:00am – 2:00pm
In true “open house” style, you can arrive any time between 10:00 and 11:30.
When you arrive, you’ll join a tour of camp on which you’ll get to see the cabins, lake, program areas, dining hall, etc.
In the late morning, Debbie & Eric will host an optional Q & A session for anyone who would like to attend.
At approximately 12:30, we invite everyone to enjoy a picnic lunch together on our Main Lawn, overlooking beautiful Miller Pond!
RSVP for Open House in your camp forms dashboard.
Family Handbook Table of Contents
- About Akeela & About CampGroup
- Camper Travel and Visiting Day
- Packing List & Baggage Shipping Information
- Purchasing Camp Clothing, Prohibited Items & Laundry
- Communication: Mail, Phone Calls & Parent Communication
- Health Care: Medications, Health Communication, Medical Charges, Other Health Concerns
- Food, Health and Wellness
- Electronics Policy
- Homesickness Prevention
- Success at Akeela
- Camper Code of Conduct
- Additional Activities and Trips
- “Open House” Orientation Day
- Driving Directions
One of the reasons we have made this Handbook available on our website, rather than sending it by snail mail, is that we anticipate making changes to it as we approach the 2022 camp season. In particular, it currently contains some information that is specific to the summer of 2021, when COVID-19 greatly affected our policies, procedures and programs. Needless to say, much remains to be seen about the pandemic’s status come June 2022.