The latest Camp Akeela (VT) newsletter, the Akeela Circular, is here!
In this edition:
- A letter from Debbie and Eric, looking back on the Winter Weekend camper reunion and looking forward to our upcoming alumni reunion in honor of 10 years of Akeela!
- A checklist to help campers and parents prepare for camp, starting with some advice for this winter and taking you right through the weeks leading up to your arrival at camp.
- A little teaser about some exciting new programming we’re introducing this summer for our oldest campers. 9th and 10th grade teens have some great stuff to look forward to!
- Kevin’s look back at another fantastic Winter Weekend, which was attended by 53 campers and 18 staff members.
- Information for parents about the ways we partner with them throughout the summer. We also share details about what to expect from our end-of-summer camper reports.
- Another Akeela wedding! David Leach and Amanda Perry tied the knot in Manchester, England earlier this winter.
- Introductions to our incredible team of head counselors. Check out their photos and bios, including their favorite camp food!
- Lists of upcoming birthdays, returning campers and returning staff.
- The first edition of “Greg’s Gab”, which introduces our newest year-round staff member, Greg Walker. Greg, of course, isn’t new to Akeela – he’s been a camper favorite since arriving in the summer of 2012!
- A can’t-miss profile of an impressive Akeela alumnus, Nolan D. He catches us up on what he’s been doing since his camper days, including his passion for working in the video game industry.