Let’s have some VIRTUAL fun together, you’ve landed on the homepage of the home of Akeela family Spring virtual programming! We’ll post videos from your favorite staff members, book readings, dance lessons, and upcoming live events on this page. New content will be announced on our Instagram page, @campakeela. Give us a follow if you’re not already!
Upcoming Online Programming for 2020 Akeela Families:
Monday, March 30 – 7:30pm ET – Beyond Akeela Hangout Tuesday, March 31 – 7:30pm ET – Akeela Wisconsin Evening Meeting Wednesday, April 1 – 7:30pm ET – Campfire Night Monday, April 6 – 7:30pm ET – Trivia Night Tuesday, April 7 – 4:30pm ET – Akeela Vermont Session 1 Evening Meeting Tuesday, April 7 – 5:00pm ET – Akeela Vermont Session 2 Evening Meeting
Families, check your email for Zoom links to each event
Jungle Book Readings, by Rob GJ from Akeela VT
At Akeela Vermont, we read Chapter 1 of the Jungle Book at each opening campfire. Looking for more Jungle Book in your life? Listen from Rob GJ from Akeela VT do his rendition of the remaining chapters! Chapter 2, Kaa’s Hunting
1) Dice onion and peppers and set aside.
2) Mix spices (salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper) together in a small bowl.
3) Lightly grease pan with olive oil and place ground turkey in pan over medium heat. Chop turkey with wooden until minimal amount of pink is left on the turkey.
4) Add in diced peppers and onions. Mix in with turkey until turkey is no longer pink and onions and peppers are cooked to your liking.
5) Pending the fattiness of your turkey, you may need to strain the turkey if you see a lot of liquid forming in the base of the pan. Use a colander in the sink to drain the fatty liquid out, the place the turkey, onions, and peppers back into the pan.
6) Add in the spice mixture along with a 1/4 cup of water (optional). Mix together until spices are evenly spread throughout the taco meat.
7) Add base layer of greens into a bowl. Top with taco meat and toppings of your choice.
8) Enjoy your hard earned meal!