Read The Akeela Newsletter Here
The May 2022 edition of the Camp Akeela newsletter has arrived! In this issue:
- Eric and Debbie outline the upcoming calendar and describe a typical day in the life of a camp director!
- The first day of camp is described in detail, helping new campers know what to expect
- We clarify the role of head counselor, and then introduce you to this year’s four amazing head counselors
- Families are reminded about a few important items:
- Shipping bags to camp
- Required camp forms, which are now due
- CampMeds, our pre-packaged and pre-dosed medication system
- Ordering Akeela gear from The Camp Spot
- You’ll meet the newest member of Nurse Amy’s family, who has a first name that may sound familiar!
- A description of how we assign cabin counselors to age groups and bunks
- A few words about Pen Pals … how we connect campers to bunkmates before camp even starts
- Our annual list of where Akeela campers come from — a record 27 different states!
- A quick explanation of the Launch-A-Thon, our exciting community service special event
- A list of first-time Akeela campers coming this summer