REMINDER: There is no financial commitment associated with applying to Camp Akeela. We do not process any payment until it is mutually agreed that Camp Akeela is the right fit for your child. (The $500 “deposit” is held as a placeholder for a camper’s spot while the family completes the application process. If the family or the camp directors decide that the camper won’t attend Akeela this summer, that payment is never processed.)
Full terms and conditions are provided on the camper enrollment form. Below are a few highlights.
Camp tuition is due according to the following schedule:
- Upon submission of the camper application: $500 deposit (plus $250 ACAP fee, if Camper Assurance Program is selected)
- By January 31, 2022: 50% of remaining balance.
- By April 30, 2022: 100% of remaining balance.
Payments may be made by check, credit card or debit card. If you prefer to pay with a credit card a 2.5% transaction fee will be added.
For those who do not elect to participate in ACAP (see below), all tuition and fees are fully refundable (less a $250 processing fee) until January 31, 2022. Thereafter, cancellation fees are as follows:
- February 1, 2022 to March 14, 2022: $2,000
- March 15, 2022 to April 30, 2022: $3,500
- May 1 to May 31, 2022: $5,000
- After June 1, 2022: no payments will be refunded.
AKEELA CAMPER ASSURANCE PROGRAM (ACAP):
For those electing to participate in ACAP, all tuition and fees are fully refundable (less a $250 processing fee and the $250 ACAP fee) until May 1, 2022. Thereafter, the following tuition amount will be retained as credit to the family for a future Camp session, less a $250 processing fee and the $250 ACAP fee:
- May 2, 2022 to May 31, 2022: $1,000
- After June 1, 2022: $1,750
Participants in ACAP do not need a specific reason to receive the benefits of ACAP. You must sign up and pay for ACAP at the same time you enroll in camp.